Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Almost a dozen cookies


Have you ever eaten almost a dozen cookies? In the span of 45 minutes, before 9am? Well this morning I decided I needed to get a care package off to my daughter who left for college 3 weeks ago. So before preschool, before I had even had breakfast - I got out the mixer and decided to make a double batch using her favorite cookie recipe. Well let me tell you things got a bit out of hand and I found myself reminiscing about all the times she and I had made cookies and well I started snacking; first on the dough and then on the cookies that came out of the oven. Never mind the fact that the more I ate, the less I could ship. I guess I had a bit of mamma drama (as my daughter would call it) and fell to my comfort- yummy sweets! Nevertheless, as the boys were occupied with a Thomas DVD, I did manage to bake, wrap, and pack my daughter's favorite treats. Needless to say if I keep this up I'll be the one gaining the freshman 15!

No comments: